8.22.2009

road trip/new inspiration

i am going on a roadtrip to florida this coming wednesday to visit my grandma. i really have no plans as to what i want to do while i'm down there. thought i'd take the time to relax and make art. i really think i'd like to get into landscapes but approach it completely different. this has been on my mind for quite some time. in fact, i've been thinking about it ever since i started my abstract painting.

i think out of anything, abstract painting is the most difficult. people don't realize the process behind it and sometimes that gets to me. now i know everyone isn't an artist and we are all different but it's frustrating. i put a lot into my art.

but anyway- with all that aside..i think i need this trip and i am so happy that i have a full week to do whatever with! i'd like to eventually even start a sketchbook again although that will come in time since i haven't been interested in sketchbooks for years!

No comments:

Post a Comment