10.25.2009

meeting deadlines

Sometimes when you have deadlines, I think it makes it even harder to want to paint. I am trying to get all of my paintings done for a show in December. This is a huge task for me. I only have 2 months to prepare at least 7 paintings.

I get so overwhelmed that I find excuses not to paint when it shouldn't be that way at all. I should paint to escape my stressful life, not feel stressed by painting.

Then why does it feel this way? I suppose it's because I am a perfectionist and need to feel that every painting is complete. After all, you are displaying your own art, your own creation, your own "flesh and blood" to everyone. And it scares me to death sometimes.

I know I shouldn't care so much about what they think. But I do because I spend so much time in my studio. I just don't want to get hurt in the end...

2 comments:

  1. I don't think a piece of art can ever be complete. plus, your art is great, i can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks Justin! I am really excited for my show! I need your address to send you a postcard by the way!

    ReplyDelete