12.05.2009

my show, along with a book obsession.

the opening for my show was great. a lot of friends came as well as some new faces. i sold two paintings and about a dozen prints. i think the best part for me was being able to talk about my art. i feel like when i am in the studio, i get so entralled but i have no one to share it with (however i might blog about it). it was nice to be asked about my thought process but at the same time it still scares me.

today it snowed all day so we only had 2 people stop by the gallery, which was perfectly fine with me. carol and i relaxed and talked about books and movies all day. there's something invigorating about discussing books. i suppose that's why i work at a book store. we searched for new authors to read for hours. i think instead of being able to discuss favorite tv shows like a lot of people do, it is easier for me to talk about books and art. the idea of the show was to use your imagination. books and art go hand in hand with that concept. and to be able to discuss this with friends is just absolutely amazing.

here are some photos from the show:





2 comments:

  1. loved your show. love your work. congrats on selling some paintings. you worked hard for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much Justin! i think it was a huge success..and i'm finally heading in the right direction. i'm actually starting a book/journal/sketchbook.. i'm still in the brainstorming stages but i thought it might interest you since i will be including poetry.

    ReplyDelete