11.05.2009

november and albums on vinyl

i think i like the month november. all the leaves are at the point of no return. the air is getting colder and that means i can break out my sweaters, scarves and hats. thanksgiving cooking and spending time with family. black friday discounts.

AND--preparation for my big art show. i am really very excited. all new work from yours truely.
for once in my life i feel like i've accomplished something that i want to accomplish. i am hoping to continue with this series and send out slides to galleries for shows in 2010.

however at the same time i don't want to rush myself. i'd like to get comfortable with my style and figure out what the heck i'm doing. i mean, i have some sense but it's still new to me since i only started painting this way last year. and i'm sure it will take awhile.

also, another random thing..i like listening to music on vinyl far more than anything else. it's nostalgic. i like the way the record smells and the way it makes scratching noises. it's just something strange that i enjoy. i guess i'm old fashioned that way :) not like that has much to do with art but i thought it was worth mentioning.

1 comment:

  1. this is my favorite time of year. glad to hear that everything is coming together for your art show!

    ReplyDelete